Have You Looked Into Offering #TeleMedicine?
Experts predict that by 2025 the United States will see a doctor shortage of 90,000, so it is likely this will be an increasingly felt problem.
Advantages for Employers
- Improves access to healthcare for employees in remote locations
- Reduces employer costs related to employee doctor’s office and ER visits
- Instant access to doctors cuts down on missed work time related to minor health issues
- Helps prevent minor employee health issues from becoming costly conditions
- Safeguards employers against the “Cadillac Tax” related to high health plan premiums
Advantages for Brokers
- The offering adds a new revenue stream as they receive commission for every employer that signs up with the program. 40% of every monthly premium
Monthly Employee Cost Commission
|# of Employees||5-200||$10 monthly|
|# of Employees||201-500||$9 monthly|
|# of Employees||501-700||$8 monthly|
- In addition, the value-added benefit keeps employer clients satisfied and differentiates brokers who are up to date on current trends.
- Selling telehealth as an employer-paid offering can be a good way to balance reductions in benefits in recent years and unnecessary claim costs.